Training classes in Oakland
Our dog training classes are designed for you and your dog’s lifestyle. We know that training your dog on your own isn’t easy. Let DogEvolve help you! Our modern, scientific training methods are fast & effective.
Our Certified Trainers are experts at using modern, scientifically understood Operant & Classical Conditioning techniques. If that sounds complicated, don’t worry. We’re happy to be the dog nerds and let you just enjoy the class.
Bring your sense of humor, your untrained dog, and we’ll do the rest. We like our classes to be fun. We promise that you won’t feel like you’re drowning in a psychology glossary even though our training methods are derived from Scientific Learning Theory.
In just a few weeks you’ll realize that your dog really is a genius. DogEvolve — we train smarter, not harder!
NEVER TOO LATE ~ not currently scheduled
(your dog must be friendly with dogs and people to take this class)
Paws & Claws Natural Pet Food Store
3436 Dimond Ave, Oakland 94602
TRAINING IS NOT JUST FOR PUPPIES!
This is a Basic Obedience & Manners Class for your newly rescued dog, adolescent pup, or adult dog returning to training. Learn how to communicate most effectively with your pup using the latest techniques and tools for faster, more consistent obedience! Each class will also include narration of dog body language and discussion of common behavior problems.
Read before class:
- Please leash your dog in and around the building and to leave and enter class.
- Please allow time for your dog to go to the bathroom before class. There are plenty of wide sidewalks and trees in the area.
- If you have a very active dog, it might be helpful to bring them to the park before class.
- There will be time for the dogs to socialize after class. Once you’ve arrived at class location, please keep your dog focused on you and away from other dogs.
- Please bring your dog to class hungry. That means skip the meal preceding class for most dogs!
Bring these items to class
- A hungry dog
- Soft, tasty, easy to eat Food-Rewards cut into tiny pieces.
- An easy-access treat bag that can be worn hands-free on the body
- 4′-6′ leash
- A flat-nylon collar. PLEASE DO NOT bring choke, prong, citronella or shock collars to class.
If your dog pulls on leash, please use a humane no-pull device.
dogEvolve recommends the following products:
- SENSE-ible Harness by Soft Touch Concepts
- Gentle Leader Head Halter
- Easy Walk Harness by Premier Pet Products
And please make sure you’ve read our Cancellation Policy.